This article was originally published on Lemon Tree’s blog.
Even if you choose the most beautiful invitation design, the outcome of the finished product is based on the proficiency, knowledge, and attention to detail of your invitation specialist as well as the execution of the invitation brand. Invitations are very personal and customized and as a knowledgeable consumer, we want to help you avoid costly mistakes and a potentially frustrating process by outlining some tips that will help your invitation ordering experience and end result.
- Order the right quantity. You need one invitation for every single guest, couple, or family. Factor in a “B” list if your venue has a minimum guest requirement. Always order 25 more than you think you need. Order extra envelopes for calligraphy spoilage.
- Double check your etiquette. A wording faux pas can be embarrassing.
- Don’t be too wordy. A crowded invitation takes away from its splendor.
- Order early. Invitations are not perishable items. When you know the where, when and how many, put the order in and have the invitations waiting for you rather than vice versa. If possible, order at least four months before to allow for remakes. You want to send the invitations out in time to allow your guests at least a month to RSVP.
- Order a “Save the Date” card as soon as feasibly possible, especially when your event takes place during summer months and holiday weekends. Guests are more likely to vacation during this time and you can help them avoid a date conflict.
- Weigh the invitations at the post office for accurate postage and find out about hand canceling to minimize postal damage during processing.
- Consider ordering a custom stamp that complements the invitation. Suggestions include a monogram, motif, or photograph.
- Order extra personalized “Thank You” cards. You can use always use leftovers for personal stationery later on.
Look at the selection and ordering process as a collaboration of us. Pay careful attention to the proofs and grab an extra pair of eyes to proofread the wording and layout. We look forward to meeting with you and discussing your invitation needs. Call us at (248) 646-6700 or visit our store.